Welcome to the 48th episode of the Ultimate Guide to Partnering. For this episode of the podcast, I got to spend time with Dr. Tianyi (TJ) Jiang, the co-CEO, and co-founder of AvePoint, a multiple award-winning and 2017 Public Sector Partner of the Year for Microsoft.
TJ oversees product strategy and business development for AvePoint’s global businesses. He is one of the main architects in guiding AvePoint’s evolution from a SharePoint infrastructure tools company, to an information management solution focused Microsoft cloud expert—helping enterprises in their digital transformation to cloud. TJ is a regular speaker at C-level and technology events worldwide.
AvePoint and TJ’s story are one of transformation as the company pivoted from a Sharepoint Infrastructure tools company to an information management solutions company focused on the Microsoft Cloud.
TJ’s story is one of personal transformation that I’ve now chronicled many times through this podcast. It is one of an immigrant, in this case, one who came to the US from China at the age of 11 and achieved great academic and business success.
In addition, TJ is the recipient of Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award in New Jersey in 2010, TJ received both B.S. and Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Cornell University, and a Master of Philosophy and PhD in Data Mining from Department of Information Systems, Operations Management, and Statistics, Stern School of Business, New York University.
- Best advice he has received – “Don’t worry about where you work, as long as your work is meaningful and has impact.
- Best advice he gives other – Take the risk, the only way to learn is to lean forward and fail fast.
- Book he recommends to our listeners – Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow
- If you had a personal billboard,, what message would you share: “Be a lifelong learner”
- Linked In Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tianyijiang/
- Twitter Handle: TJ_AvePoint
- Company Website: https://www.avepoint.com/
As with each of my interview and articles, I appreciate your feedback. You can reach out to me on Linked In, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review this podcast by going to iTunes and searching “Ultimate Guide to Partnering” and clicking on the album art and hitting the rating link. This helps others find the podcast.
This episode of the podcast is sponsored by Cloud Wave Partners.