I'm passionate about the intersection of disruptive technology, the potential of people and creating a positive impact on society. I've been fortunate to work in three amazing organizations - from a startup to a turnaround and then to the industry leader. I've worked beside great industry leaders and built teams to improve outcomes in business, government, education and healthcare. I apply these experiences and skills to help your organization solve for gaps and drive successful business outcomes.
Vince Menzione is a senior sales executive and business leader with 25+ years of success as both a key member of the executive team and as an individual contributor delivering large, highly competitive wins. Experience in commercial and federal/public sector, technical solutions, Cloud, SaaS, mobile, and wireless sales. Qualification highlights:
- Redefined what was possible through innovative strategies, processes, and business models; transformed sales teams, built on current marketing strategies, and identified ways to effectively innovate in all areas of marketing.
- Built, led, developed, and inspired high-performance organizations that drove revenue growth and exceeded objectives at the highest levels of a global business; delivered the largest and most hotly contested wins.
- Established and nurtured key top-level partnerships, talked at the senior level about strategic engagements, and served as the public sector spokesperson.
- Leveraged marketing, communication, and PR skills to build brand, increase visibility, capture market share, and propel revenue.
MICROSOFT CORPORATION, Redmond, WA - 2008 to Sept. 2016
General Manager: US Public Sector Partner Strategy (Federal, State, & Local, Education, Healthcare) and member of the US Partner Leadership Organization.
Spearheaded revenue growth from $2.5B to 4.6B with 9% CACR
Challenged with developing and executing a strategy that would engage all MS partners to exceed revenue, performance, and market share goals. Recruited by VP of US Public Sector based on prior performance
- Team Leadership – Led a national team of 4 direct reports and 19 partner managers; attracted and hired top talent who made key contributions to organization’s success and drove segment cross-collaboration of large virtual organization.
- Revenue Performance – Increased partner sales revenue 300% and exceeded metric goals and partner satisfaction scores; delivered major DIG Program/Solution Area wins with $1.44M investment, 23 partners, and 139 proofs of concept. Generated 612 Solution Area wins, $37.6M pipeline, and $6.7M in net new revenue.
- Cloud Transformation – Generated $55M in revenue (108% of target) with an additional $63M in new pipeline by end of FY16 and projected growth of 300% by influencing partner selling organization to recruit new ISVs, SIs, and MSPs to drive adoption, consumption, and utilization of Azure and O365.
- Reseller Model – Developed a unique Cloud Reseller Model for supporting government (AOS-G) that is now the global model for the future core program (CSP).
- Strategic Planning & Execution – Tripled YOY performance, increasing partner contribution revenue from $107M to $318M (233% of target) by developing a DPAM Model that built partner capacity, commitment, and revenue contribution.
- Organizational Development – Increased Workgroup Health Index from 77% to 90% over two years by increasing awareness, addressing issues, and building top-talent competencies while serving as US Public Sector Diversity Lead and Next Step Program Lead.
- Microsoft Channel Chief – Recognized by Channel Reseller News twice; hosted multiple Partner Symposiums; presented at industry events; served as public sector advocate internally.
GENERAL DYNAMICS / ITRONIX COMPUTING, Spokane, WA - 2000 to 2008
$600M computing solutions unit (acquisition of Itronix and Tadpole) for key global defense and commercial markets.
Vice President: Public Sector Markets - 2003 to 2008
Vice President: Federal Sales - 2000 to 2003
Built and aggressively drove federal and aerospace revenue and market share; oversaw sales, market-segment penetration, business development, account management, programs, and channels. Added accountability for state and local markets and Tadpole organization. Led and developed up to 25 direct reports; organized resources for optimal performance.
- Revenue Growth - Grew revenue from $1M to $40M prior to Itronix acquisition by General Dynamics. As Public Sector spokesperson, established company as the second largest provider in the market through event-based marketing, government affairs and public relations.
- Defense Revenue - Drove $20M in appropriations by building relationships and presenting to members of Congressional Defense Appropriations and Senate Armed Services Committees.
- Channel & Partner Strategy - Led the transition from an enterprise-direct sales to a channel/partner sales: developed and launched plans, including a GSA Schedule and and relationships, including CDW, HP, GTSI (Unicom) and Telos Corporation.
- Divestiture - Played a key role in the eventual sales of the company at 10X previous valuation by developing initial engagement with GD C4S, expanding reach to US Army client.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Emphasis in Marketing
Seton Hall University · South Orange, New Jersey
Certificate, University of Delaware Executive Development Program
University of Delaware · Newark, Delaware
Certificate, General Dynamics Leadership Progam
Arizona State University · Phoenix, Arizona
- Microsoft Management Excellence
- Franklin Covey "7 Habits" Leadership Training
- Reengineering the Sales Process - Michael Hammer
- Kappa Sales Process Training
- Shared Values Facilitator Training
- Miller Heiman Strategic Selling, Conceptual Selling & Sales Management Training Programs
- Karras Negotiating